Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
This position is responsible for the assessment, planning, development, implementation, management, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of human patient simulation programs. This position will be responsible for identifying program needs and appropriate learning strategies, reviewing learning options, testing learning tools, debriefing teams, and evaluating program learning effectiveness.
Groups Served are medical students, nursing students, allied health students, educational and training program leadership, and affiliated institutional representatives.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
¿ Not applicable
¿ Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
¿ Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
¿ Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
¿ Preschooler (3-6 years)
¿ School Age (6-12 years)
¿ Adolescence (12-18 years)
¿ Young Adult (19-40 Years)
¿ Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
¿ Mature Adult (65 years and older)
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Integrates audience learning abilities, adult learning principles and debriefing techniques into program activities (EF)
2. Facilitates implementation of standardized patient encounters, structured debriefing for small multidisciplinary groups of adult learners after completion of simulation training (EF)
1. Utilizes department resources/supplies efficiently and identified cost savings or revenue opportunities.
1. Evaluates standardized patients¿ performances and checklists.
2. Demonstrates keen problem identification, skills resolution, and ability to prioritize program activities.
3. Gives and accepts feedback on simulation program initiatives to obtain desired outcomes.
4. Maintain clinical skills competency.
5. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor hazards.
6. Manages audiovisual recordings for all events in the SP training facility, schedules recording sessions, inputs student learners into the system. Troubleshoots issues with A/V system, and tracks status of recordings during testing events.
1. Collaborates with faculty for training of standardized patients to specific cases for performance.
2. Provides learners with a positive environment ensuring appropriate understanding of equipment and process for simulation.
3. Maintains optimum communications with all hospital departments to facilitate appropriate scheduling and coordination of simulation laboratory/courses.
4. Assists with set up/cleanup of rooms for simulation scenarios or training and implements scenarios to ensure readiness.
5. Maintains equipment and supplies for education course offerings involving simulation and the standardized patient program.
1. Develop, evaluate, and maintain simulation program activities for style, content, cognitive skill training, application into practice and team training.
2. Implements standardized patient program including recruiting, training, scheduling and evaluation of standardized patients.
3. Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that improve quality and/or service
4. Identifies unique and creative ways to assure accessibility and availability of clinical education programs to staff via simulation form improving/evaluating competency.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelors degree or equivalent program preferred
5 years of simulation technician experience
Familiarity with Laerdal and METI HPS. preferred
Experience with programming for standardized patient simulations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Simulation Certification preferred
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Ability to develop, evaluate and maintain training courses
Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of employees.
Proven presentation and facilitation skills
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Senior Endoscopy Tech - Days
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary**FULL-TIME / DAYS**The Endoscopy Technician, under the direction of a Registered Nurse and/or physician, assists the physician with ...
Cardiology Diagnostic Technician I
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: AS NEEDEDWork Week: This position will work as needed approximately 16-20 hours per week; must be available to work during weekdays, plus a ...
Anesthesia Technician III
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: M - FJob Summary(Full-time, Evenings)SUMMARY Knowledgeable in the operation and initiation of all vital signs monitoring in the operating rooms, catheterization ...