Category: Food Service
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F, 10-6:30p and every third weekend 7a-6p
Assigned to work in the Kitchen dish room as well as the patient tray line and retail areas as needed. Performs duties related to dishwashing and sanitation of all equipment. Performs general cleaning throughout the kitchen as assigned. Must be able to adapt to fast pace environment.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Not involved in direct patient care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist I CARE values.
2) Demonstrates team work with fellow employees in all areas.
3) Works various stations during the dishwashing operation (unloads food trucks, sorts, rinses, racks the tray components, loads and unloads the dish machine).
4) Washes and sanitizes the equipment, floor and walls in the Dish room and adjoining areas in the Kitchen area.
5) Follows correct procedures in cleaning of equipment and sanitation throughout the Kitchen area. Cleans carts, equipment, walls, and sweeps and mops floors and does special cleaning as assigned.
6) Assembles trays for patients on the Patient Trayline as needed.
7) Transports food carts and supplies to and from the Kitchen.
8) Complies with standards of all regulatory agencies.
9) Performs other duties as assigned.
10) Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
High school graduate or GED preferred or one year food service experience.
One year food service or housekeeping experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist St. Catherine Hospital is the first specialty hospital in the Houston Methodist family. Located in the heart of the Katy community, the facility provides a special menu of services for both inpatient and outpatient care by team members called to serve with excellence and compassion:
Food Services Assistant - Days
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: VariesJob SummaryThe employee is assigned to work in food service department areas and perform duties such as assisting in tray assembly ...
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - F, some weekendsJob Summary08/2016JOB SUMMARYResponsible for the preparation and cooking of entrees, side dishes and other specialty products using ...
Houston Methodist St. Catherine Hospital, Katy, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M-F, to include weekends and holiday as required Swing shift - Usually will work 930-6pm, at least once a week will ...