Category: Food Service
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: Varies
Assigned to work in the Central Kitchen dishroom and Patient Trayline during meal service times, as assigned. Performs duties related to dishwashing and sanitation of equipment and patient tray components. Performs general cleaning throughout the Central Kitchen and pot washing as assigned. Must be able to adapt to fast paced environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Works various stations during the dishwashing operation (unloads food trucks, sorts, rinses, racks the tray components, loads and unloads the dish machine). (EF)
2) Washes and sanitizes the equipment, floor and walls in the Dishroom and adjoining areas in the Central Kitchen. (EF)
3) Follows correct procedures in cleaning of equipment and sanitation throughout the Central Kitchen. Cleans carts, equipment, walls, sweeps and mops floors and does special cleaning as assigned. (EF)
4) Works in the pot room washing pots as assigned, both manually and by machine, in accordance with established procedures. (EF)
5) Transports clean tray components to the designated areas throughout the Central Kitchen. (EF)
6) Assembles trays for patients on the Patient Trayline as needed. Plates established portions of foods as indicated on the patient¿s menu. (EF)
7) Serves patient trays efficiently, accurately and neatly. Follows proper procedure in loading and transporting of food trucks. (EF)
8) Transports food carts and supplies to and from the Kitchen.
9) Complies with standards of all regulatory agencies such as City of Houston Health Department, Texas Department of Health, JCAHO, Hospital Quality Management committee and safety regulations. (EF)
10) Performs other duties as assigned.
11) Demonstrates the components of I CARE values statement.
12) Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
High school graduate or GED preferred or one year food service experience.
One year food service or housekeeping experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital, Nassau Bay, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - F from 6am-10am may include weekendsJob Summary8/2016JOB SUMMARYThe employee works as a cashier in Houston Methodist Hospital and is ...
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: VariesJob SummaryAssigned to work in the Central Kitchen dishroom and Patient Trayline during meal service times, as assigned. Performs duties related ...
Food Services Assistant - Nights
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: NIGHTWork Week: VariesJob SummaryThe employee is assigned to work in food service department areas and perform duties such as assisting in tray assembly ...