Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
**PRN / DAYS**
Functions as a PRN scrub technician with the physician during angiographic and interventional procedures, cleans and packages for sterilization all necessary supplies, assists the radiologic technologist/nurse, assists with general office duties. Is supportive of The Methodist Hospital and the Department of Radiology's policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Applies the basic principles of aseptic and sterile technique and demonstrates the proper procedure for patient prep and draping.
2. Properly prepares sterile trays for invasive procedures and prepares instruments for sterilization.
3. Assists the radiologist during invasive procedures and delivers specimens to the appropriate labs.
4. Maintains daily departmental cleanliness and appropriate supply levels.
5. Wears appropriate lead shielding when in Fluoro rooms. Wears radiation monitoring badge in proper place and monthly turns in undamaged badge.
6. Observe patient during procedure and reports any unusual occurrence to the technologist/nurse/anesthesiologist/radiologist.
7. Practices patient confidentiality. Strives to render the best medical care and service to the patient.
8. Works cooperatively, as part of the team, to maintain a work environment that promotes mutual respect and professionalism.
9. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement.
10. Follows all safety rules while on job.
11. Other duties as requested.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Graduate of Surgical Technician Training program or one year related experience.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 18 months of experience as a Surgical Technician required. Mastery in a minimum of one or more service lines.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Required. Must be certified by the Surgical Technologist Association or meet the grandfather clause.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Ability to build and sustain interpersonal relationships.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Surgical Technician II
Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Surgical Technician II demonstrates proficient knowledge and skills necessary to carry out delegated tasks associated with ...
Surgical Technician I
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: M - FJob SummarySUMMARY The Surgical Technician I is an entry level position requiring basic knowledge and skills necessary to carry ...
Surgical Technician (CST) Days
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FCompany ProfileHouston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only Magnet-recognized, full-service hospital ...