Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Assists the management team in developing as well as implementing process improvements for increasing patient and customer satisfaction.
In the absence of the Manager the Food Service Team Leader must possesses the appropriate job knowledge and skill to follow through as well as correct problems with the customer (patients, staff and visitors).
Actively participates in the department`s quality/performance improvement programs.
The employee is assigned to work in food service department areas and direct duties such as: assisting in tray assembly, simple food preparation, serving customers, replenishing stations, cash handling and transporting food carts in a timely manner.
Completes approved number of required customer service and/or diet knowledge inservices.
Always uses the ICARE values and Service Pride standards and ensures that department associates are doing so as well.
Communicates with peers and management regarding identified hazards in the work place.
Follows correct procedures in cleaning of equipment and sanitation of work areas, along with special cleaning as assigned.
Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
Follows all departmental policies and procedures and must comply with the City of Houston Food Ordinance.
Schedules, thoroughly documents and monitors time and attendance. Reports overtime accurately.
Reports staffing concerns to management in a timely manner. Performs other duties as assigned.
PATIENT AGE GROUP/POPULATION SERVED
Direct assessment not applicable Customers and patients (pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists Manager in overall operations of foodservice, schedules, service standards, menus, cashiers and sanitation as directed by Manager.
2. Responsible for maintaining signage in each area of the Market Place and the display cases. Assists Manager in the inventory and ordering. Receives and checks in all food and supplies according to procedure. Signs invoices and promptly processes for payment through FNS Food Control.
3. Monitors cashiers, cash handler and relieves as necessary. Reconciles cash deposit to actual activity when necessary. Responsible for all financial reports daily, weekly, and monthly. Responsible for maintaining financial controls.
4. Maintaining menu boards including pricing. Checks for correct spelling and accurate pricing. Responsible for making the menu line recording clear and concise.
5. Assists in reviewing all charge tickets. Charges cost centers accurately on an ongoing basis. Completes end of the month billing and financials in a timely manner. Maintains a positive working relationship with Financial Accounting.
6. Contacts Facilities for maintenanceissues.
7. Conducts safety and sanitation inspections to meet all standards of the hospital and regulatory agencies.
8. Provides input on employee performance for merit evaluations. Assists Manager in completing merits in a timely manner. Meets all deadlines for merits.
9. Maintains high standards of service to meet customer needs. Resolves customer issues that result in positive outcomes. Greets customers and is available during peak times. Maintains serving and dining area in excellent condition.
10.Maintains personnel records to meet hospital and JCAHO standards. Provides mandatory in-services and training as specified by hospital and department.
11. Patient Services/Fondren 12
12. Assists Manager in overall operations of patient dining services, scheduling, service standards, customer service training and sanitation as directed by Manager.
13. Responsible for accurately maintaining and reviewing reports (i.e., overtime, pantry requests, tray tracking, abandon call rate). Assists Manager in the inventory and ordering. Receives and checks in all supplies according to procedure. Signs invoices as needed and submits to FNS Food Control for payment.
14. Monitors server activities and fills in as necessary. Responsible for maintaining budgetary controls.
15. Promotes and maintains good public relations with nursing. attends to customer complaints and problems regarding the delivery of services promptly.
16. Contacts facilities for maintenanceissues.
17. Conducts safety and sanitation inspections to meet all standards of the hospital and regulatory agencies.
18. Provides input on employee performance for merit evaluations. Assists Manager in completing merits in a timely manner. Meets all deadlines for merits.
19.Completes approved number of required customer service and diet classes.
20. Maintains high standards of service to meet customer needs. Resolves customer issues that result in positive outcomes. Greets customers and is available during peak times. Maintains the condition of service areas.
21. Maintains personnel records to meet hospital and The Joint Commission standards. Provides mandatory in-services and training as specified by hospital and department.
High School Diploma or GED required.
3 years of supervisory experience in a food service operation. Cashier experience necessary.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Must obtain City of Houston Food Services Manage Certification within 90 days of employment. Must maintain current certification thereafter.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Physically able to sit/stand throughout scheduled shifts. Operates potentially hazardous equipment.
2. Must adhere with the Food and Nutrition Services' Standards of Appearance and comply with the City of Houston Food Ordinances.
3. Must demonstrate competency in the use of a computer, MS Office software, HIS, MethOD, CBORD, MICROS software and/or 10-key calculator (as appropriate by area) as well as all other equipment used in the work area.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Baker - Days
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Baker is responsible for maintaining high quality baked goods preparation and sanitation tasks. The tasks include, ...
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital, Nassau Bay, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: Rotating schedule that could include weekends.Job SummaryPart time position for a Cook I. Day shift.08/2016JOB SUMMARYResponsible for the preparation of hot ...
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: Shifts varyWork Week: Days, evenings, weekends and holidaysJob Summary08/2016JOB SUMMARYResponsible for taking diet orders from patients. Responsible for explaining which diet patients are ...