- 65-Acre Campus
- 780,000 Square-Foot Hospital
- 2 x 6-Story 150,000 sq ft Medical Office Buildings
- 2 x 785-car parking garages
- 293 Inpatient Beds
- 203 Med/Surg Beds
- 25 ICU Beds
- 58 Birthing Center Beds
- 24 Operating Rooms
- 46 Emergency Beds
$5,000 Sign On and Referral Bonus, Registered Nurse II (RN) Operating Room, Days
We hold ourselves and the careers we build to a higher standard.
At Houston Methodist, nurses develop their skills through a wide range of educational programs, collaborate with physicians to provide the best care and build upon a world-class reputation for excellence in patient care, education and research. We hold ourselves — and the careers we build — to a higher standard. Our growing, inclusive health care system offers:
- Superior practice settings
- High safety standards
- Professional development & nursing education
- Meaningful collaboration with physicians
- Unparalleled support
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher from an accredited School of Nursing
- Twelve months registered nurse experience in a healthcare environment
- Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Other credentials and certifications as defined by unit/service line
I CARE VALUES
We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
We embrace the whole person and respond to emotional, ethical and spiritual concerns as well as physical needs.
We hold ourselves accountable for our actions.
We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
“Working at Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital means Leading Medicine in your community. Every day our dedicated nursing staff plays a vital role in delivering unparalleled safety, quality, service and innovation to our patients and their families. The professional culture of our hospital cultivates an environment in which they can practice the art and science of nursing while enjoying opportunities for growth and development.”
About Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital is committed to leading medicine in Montgomery County and the north Houston region by delivering the Houston Methodist standard of exceptional safety, quality, service and innovation. The growing campus offers 293 beds and access to the most innovative care. In January 2022, the hospital opened Healing Tower – a $250-million expansion project that added 106 beds, focused on medical/surgical and women’s services and nine operating rooms. It also included the expansion of the endoscopy center, emergency department and diagnostic imaging department.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands is recognized as a comprehensive stroke center, an orthopedic center of excellence by DNV, designated as a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, and has achieved Magnet Designation for nursing excellence from the ANCC. Houston Methodist The Woodlands is also ranked No. 1 nationally out of 148 members in the Complex Care Medical Centers cohort to be recognized for demonstrating excellence in delivering high-quality care based on the 2022 Vizient Quality and Accountability Ranking.
Awards and Distinctions
- Magnet Recognition for Outstanding Nursing - American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Patient Safety Excellence Award™ - Healthgrades®
- Gold Beacon Award for Excellence - ICU - American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- Accredited Cardiac Rehabilitation Outpatient Program - American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence - American College of Radiology
- Recognized Diabetes Education Program - American Diabetes Association
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.