Houston Methodist's Nurse Residency Program has been designed to take new baccalaureate prepared nurse graduates beyond their formal education. A collaborative venture with the UHC/AACN Nurse Residency Program™, the NRP offers support to baccalaureate prepared nurses by cultivating their leadership abilities and professional development.
Houston Methodist's CCNE accredited Nurse Residency Program offers practical solutions to dilemmas that nurses often face and has proven to be very effective in fostering confidence and guiding new nurse graduates through their transition to professional practice. In addition the new nurse develops confidence and clinical competency throughout the residency program.
1. Key Features of the Nurse Residency Program
- A 12-15 month program to facilitate transition into practice.
- Curriculum follows UHC/AACN program, focusing on leadership, professional role, critical thinking and patient outcomes
- A series of thoughtfully developed classes that will enhance skills in critical thinking, assessment, leadership and clinical decision making.
- Required participation in monthly sessions
- Transition from entry-level, advanced beginner nurse to clinical leader at the bedside
- Develop effective decision making skills related to clinical judgment and performance
- Incorporate research-based evidence into practice
- Professional growth and development
- Develop, implement and disseminate an evidence-based project
2. Application Requirements
- Successful completion of an accredited BSN program
- Eligible for RN licensure in Texas or GN permit (issued with your authorization to test)
- Recommended Nursing GPA of 3.0 or greater (HMH Medical Center requirement is 3.2 or greater)
- Letters of recommendation
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital ONLY: For Associate degree in Nursing (ADN) graduates, qualification and continued employment are contingent upon active pursuit of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree and acquiring the BSN degree within 3 years.
In addition, please ensure that you have completed all the required elements in the registration process. If at any time you do not meet the requirements for the graduate nurse position, you will not be able to move forward in the registration process.
How to Apply:
To start your graduate nurse profile, please click the link below:
3. Application Deadlines
For further information please email email@example.com
Houston Methodist Hospital – Texas Medical Center
6565 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77030
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital
4401 Garth Road
Baytown, TX 77521
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital (Nassau Bay)
18300 St John Drive
Houston, TX 77058
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
16655 Southwest Freeway M1827
Sugar Land, Texas 77479
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
17201 Interstate 45 South
The Woodlands, TX 77385
Houston Methodist West Hospital
18500 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77094
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
- Houston Methodist St. Catherine Hospital
701 South Freeway Rd
Katy, TX 77450
18220 Tomball Parkway
Houston, Texas 77070